Phoenix War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editing, Running a Magazine, and Stories

2 posters

Go down

Editing, Running a Magazine, and Stories Empty Editing, Running a Magazine, and Stories

Post  cameroncowan Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:31 am

Three things:

I would love to edit for this and I hope I have the chance too since I have so much periodical editing.

I would be happy to help and advise in the actual running of the magazine and perhaps even have it involved as an aspect of my publishing company.

As for the story, I would like to incorporate something rather steampunk but I would like to incorporate a guild that has to do with a mechanized airforce, perhaps a group that lives in the sky but that is deeply involved in the civil war and that plays both sides. I would want them to have a very neo-classical feel to them with lots of Latin names and sayings since I'm familiar with the language. No one is quite sure what they will do and if they are good or bad but both want them on their side because they control the skies. I think it could work and the ships could have a look, feel and tech that makes them seem right at home.

cameroncowan

Back to top Go down

Editing, Running a Magazine, and Stories Empty Re: Editing, Running a Magazine, and Stories

Post  Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 am

Hi
I would love and welcome your imput my freind I am realitvely cluless in that regard

as for your idea I love it! I like the sound of it, It is something I had not thought of or considered Keep in mind the scale of the world as far a travel the world is a giant machine of sorts and is thousands of times biger than the earth a thousand miles is not a great distance but a nation province and the border of another state. Each nation has its own semi functioning government (like a US state does in America) you coul have an etire nation completly rulled by this guild.

consider:
1. How much influence to the have as far as trade (I would say that they are like the west india trading company and have much influence on the nations possibly even a sole monopoly)

2. How would they react to pirates tha score the skies and threaten trade [and thier money source] and how would they retaliate if pirates organized and fought openly, and how would teh guild respond.

Keep in mind the ship building proccess I have in mind: The ships are both steam and magically driven they use special crystals as a medium of magical "incarnum" fuel that powers the ship and the weaponry. they are built only by special construction mages called "Masons" and they too have a monopoly on the ship building process and technology remains scarce because of their secret society and its ritual closed door order.

3. How do the ship guild and the mason ship building guild have in common, are they rivals or are the mutual friends that depend on each other? what is there realtion and how can the plot be thinkened by a sudden change in that relationship?

Admin
Admin

https://phoenixwar.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down