Phoenix War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay's Story Arc

Go down

Jay's Story Arc Empty Jay's Story Arc

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm

This would Be Jay's Idea for A Story Arc In the Land of Aleris

Allan,

I like the story lines and possibilities you present. It gives me a place, time frame and plenty of conflict to work with. I plan on focusing the first short story on the main character, how she got to where she is and how far she has fallen. Her inner demons will be connected to the outer war and the rift in her family.

What you suggest will best be covered in several short stories, which I am happy to explore. I will have the first one done by the agreed upon timeline and we can go from there.

Jay
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:21:39 -0500 (EST)
To: <jay20015@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Short Story Synopsis - Phoenix War Mag

My initial reaction and addition to your vision for this character and her family members could be that her family is devided between Arathos and Stoneguard, some are allies with the nobility/guilds/armies with different city states. You could explore the division between these two once peacefull cities. You could even have her father or uncle or grandfathe be one of the generals of Arathos and her mother be a noble from Stoneguard. You could play on family and the tensions between the cites (like the north and the South of the Civil war.) there are friends and family fighting on both ends with a mix of loyalties you could explore.

For your idea to elaborate on the Nightmare Kings invasion you could have a gate to the underworld or even a small legion or force around the area. There are mindless udead that are just footsoilders and there are liches and wraths as well that could battle and hunt the character.

Also you might explore other characters that are allies of her and you might even have a guild of knights that she turned away from but are urging her to fight for them. To furthur elaborate the guild might spllit into two factions one for each side and she might be battling some of her friends in the conflicts.

let me know your thoughts

Allan

-----Original Message-----
To: allanttucker <allanttucker@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm
Subject: RE: Short Story Synopsis - Phoenix War Mag

Allan,

Thanks. Yeah, I am pretty amped to write this story out. I envision her turning into a conflicted mercenary before finding a path to redemption. But that is several parts down the road.

I think I am getting my head around all that is going on. So, if I understand this properly, the undead would not be near the Amaril Ocean during the time that my short story will take place. I can focus instead of the conflict raging between the seven city-states in the nation of Aleris and my character can be from one of them. Since I like the visual of the aerial battle and ocean crash, I want to tie that into the short story. So, if I got that right, let me know and I look forward to any details that you have for me to incorporate into the story.

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:42 PM
To: jay20015@msn.com
Subject: Re: Short Story Synopsis - Phoenix War Mag

Jay,

I see your idea and vision and I am impressed by the concept, please note the battle I mentioned in "Ride of the 10,000" nations is slightly before Sola's adventure in Aleris (this happened on the first day of the fifth era This in on January 1st of year 0001 of the 5th age, and the ascension war starts around mid Febuary) What I didnt post and what I before was That there was a very specific reason why Hadrian was invading he had been freed from his prison in the underworld having sold his soul for control of a massive undead army and sacrificed 30+ years of his life to create the army. Cain and Sola were able to drive the army back from Xion (which is giant golden city in the center of the contenint called Crux) and Sola herself sacrificed two years of her own life to send Hadrian temporarily back to the underworld. (and he is trying to force her to unseal those bonds tormenting her in her dreams and visions)

Sola crashes with the gorgon's bane into the amaril Ocean which is in the south the main land of the conteneint island Crux and has to adventure in Aleris and save the Seven cities by herself and with herfiends. It is also good to note that The nation of Aleris is devided into seven city-states

Also the great battle of the Dawn of the 5th age is in a seperate location from the Ocean bordering Aleris to the south this nation that sola crashes into I will draw you a map of Aleris (I need to anyway)

My inital thoughts on Aleris was that The nation is divided and the states are waring agaist each other Particularly in Arathos, Stoneguard, and Remus while Phillandra remains netural supplying all three nations and the other three city states Maradirn (leaning twoards Arathos) and Ironforge (leaning twoards Stoneguard) remain undecided. and Tamanthair is too busy dealing with the Undead invasion (which is coming from Xion down to the south)

I'll do a write up of the map I sent you and everything about Aleris Tomorrow

-----Original Message-----
To: allanttucker <allanttucker@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jan 26, 2011 3:44 pm
Subject: Short Story Synopsis - Phoenix War Mag
Allan,

Here is a brief storyline synopsis I am looking to write for the magazine:

Adaria, an idealist warrior, watches as her elite covert-ops units is destroyed, even as the war draws to a close. Left for dead, she struggles to return to her home of Xion, desperate to find out what has become of her family. Dodging the newly unleashed undead army from King Hadrain, as well as others who would see her dead, she reaches her home only to find her family gone. Now being pursued by the newest enemy, she flees for her life only to witness the massive sky battle. With noting left and surrounded by death and sorrow, Adaria turns to make her final stand, only to be blown off the edge of a cliff just as the two massive war ships, the Gorgon Bane and her adversary, plummet into the ocean.

The visuals in this as well as the inner demons of Adaria are tempting to write. Please fill in any necessary information regarding planetary details as well as if I got the time line and locations correct, as well as the storyline from yours that I will interweave with mine. Also, let me know what you think of the overall idea…

Admin
Admin

https://phoenixwar.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down